Host Family for International Students
Ideal for pupils who wish to live with a Spanish family, learn about their customs and get even more language practice. All our registered families will treat you as just another member of the family. Homes lie within a short distance from the School and Club Costa Nerja (a maximum of 20 minutes on foot). The best host family for international students is ready for you! What are you waiting for?
Single or double room with half-board (media pensión): breakfast and lunch.
The main meal of the day in Spain is "al mediodía", i.e., lunch, from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Double rooms are reserved for students travelling together.
|July, Aug., Sept.
||+25 € per Week
||+25 € per Week
|Note-Accommodation: 2 Weeks=13 nights 4 Weeks=27 nights 6 Weeks=41 nights, etc. |
What is a Host Family for International Students?
"Host Families" are not always a traditional married couple with 2 children. We look
above all for people who will give a warm welcome to our students. They must
spend time talking to the student(s), be patient and understanding and be prepared to
provide information and help with any of the small problems that can arise during a
student’s stay in a foreign country.
Minimum Requirements for Host Families:
- The bedroom of the host family for international students must be suitably furnished with a bed and adequate storage space,
lighting, chair and desk. If there is no desk in the student’s room, a private and
appropriate work/study area must be available in the home.
- The room should be appealing, with natural light, and the furniture should be in
- The room must be for the student’s, or sharing students’, private use (i.e. not a
room also used by the family).
- Ideally, students should be accommodated as the only native speaker. Member
schools should advise their clients of their policies in this regard.
- Member schools should advise their clients of their policies regarding the
possible number of students accommodated in host family for international students.
- If the student has booked half board, the main meal of the day should be taken
with the host family for international students and should consist of a least two courses (e.g. main course and
salad or main course and dessert).
- Meals should vary throughout the week.
- Rooms, common areas, kitchen and bathroom must be clean.
- The bathroom should be in a good state of cleanliness and repair and students
should be allowed a minimum of one bath or shower daily.
- Linen and towels must be changed on a regular basis.
- Families should talk to the students as much as possible.
- During winter in colder climates, heating must be available.
- Distance to school should not exceed more than 30 minutes on foot or by public
transport (1 hour in cities).
- Host family for international students and its home must be known to the school staff or to its appointed accommodation agent.
- Families must be inspected prior to the first placement. There must be a
stringent evaluation and monitoring scheme involving re-inspection at regular
intervals or on an "as needs" basis.
- The standard of the host family for international students must be monitored by a questionnaire to students.
- Students’ wishes and needs, such as non-smoking/smoking, allergies, vegetarian
food, etc., must be taken into account as far as reasonably possible.